Q. How does your house buying program work?
When it is time for you to move on with your life, our process all comes down to how quickly you want things to move. The bottom line is that you get a truly quick and hassle free solution.
We would like to speak with you at which point, we can assess your situation. Our process is simple:
- You call the office
- If we find you eligible, we pay you a visit to assess the property.
- You may get to meet the President face-to-face when he comes to view your property
- We will contact you to make a no hassle offer on your house.
- You have your bags ready to go and you just wait to collect your money.
Q. Hm. Okay so if I want to make this change in my life right away. How quickly can you get me to the end of this transition?
How’s exactly a week from the day I say yes to your house? You can move on in as little as 7 days but not everyone is able to make a change that quickly. We have found that in most of the cases of the people who wanted a 7 day close, the property was vacant so it was just a matter of trading keys for a cheque. On average, home owners need more time than 7 days and you can get the amount of time you need to move on. Every situation will be on a case by case basis.
Q. How do you determine the exact price you’ll pay for my house?
I’m glad you asked. We consider a variety of factors when determining a fair price for your fixer-upper/ugly house but at the end of the day, I am most focused on a fair deal in “as is” condition. Even on the same street, two houses can be valued differently.
- The current condition of your house
- The cost and extent of repairs and renovations required
- The amount of time it will take to complete needed repairs and renovations
- The cost of maintaining the house during repairs and renovations until it’s ready to have a family in, including insurance, taxes, loan payments, utilities, and more.
Q. Are you real estate agents? What kind of commissions do you charge?
No we are not real estate agents and this presents some advantages to you:
– I will not charge you any real estate commissions
– I will not be trying to list your house and see if you can find a buyer, I am the buyer. (There is an old saying that a bird in hand is worth two in the bush). You want to sell now, you have the best buyer right in front of you. We can come in, make a quick decision and follow through.
Q. So you say you buy fixer uppers eh? How much do I have to de-clutter for you to come see my place?
De-clutter? You do not need to declutter for a member of my team to come take a look. I won’t judge you. You do not need to fix anything or clear anything.
Q. Okay I have begun renovations. At what completion point can I call you?
A. If you enjoy doing the renovations, you can go right ahead and keep on fixing. If you will be selling your house in “as is” condition, you just need to drop the hammer (okay I meant put it down carefully) and pick up the phone in that same hand. It is just that simple.
Q. I am wondering if you only buy houses.
Actually you may be eligible for our program if you own a fixer upper townhouse or condo. To go ahead and answer another of the common questions we’re asked – we also buy duplexes, triplexes, multitenant buildings, and even some commercial properties as well. We currently do not buy raw land or mobile homes but may have some affiliates who can help.
Q. Will you pay market value for my house?
If we decide to go ahead and give you the opportunity to move on, I will make a fair offer on your house in “AS IS” condition. My offer will be fair to you and fair to my company.
Q. How do you folks make your money?
This is a good question that many of our clients ask. Many times, they’re thinking it but may not say it.
Think about this for a minute. What would it be like to go to work for a few months knowing that you may not get a paycheck but you still have family responsibilities? Or how about if you went to a doctor or lawyer for a problem they specialize in fixing and from the start, the professional began discussing their hourly rate even before hearing out your situation. What might that experience be like for you?
We make our money when we fix the property and ideally put a family in as a rental, rent to own or we sell it to a family outright.
My focus when you deal with us, will be on your situation. If the conversation must focus on money, then it may not be a long conversation and we may suggest you contact a realtor. I’m in the business of helping people and everything else will fall into place. Having said all that, we won’t do a deal where you lose the shirt off your back or where the business goes under.
Q. I am curious about who typically sells houses to your company Boomer?
There are others just like you in Winnipeg who call us with fixer upper houses but most importantly is the fact that you are ready to move on. I have helped people from many walks of life: From the working professionals to the retired folks. Here is a small list of the reasons some of these folks had:
- Not being able to invest emotional and or financial resources into making necessary repairs
- Failing health
- Needing to sell inherited property quickly
- Wanting to unload rental property with problematic renters
- Relocating to another area
- Going through a divorce and needing to liquidate assets
- Being behind on mortgage payments or facing foreclosure
- and more
The most common thing all these folks shared was the desire to solve a problem in their lives and selling their house made that solution possible. As you might agree, you want an honest solution that is QUICK and HASSLE-FREE period!
That answer all your questions? What do you have to lose really? Why not call my office? We’ll be waiting for your call.